Easy Easter Cookies
Skill level: No Experience Necessary Crafting time: 1-2 Hours
Supplies and Tools: Wilton Easy Decorate Easter Egg Cookie Pan (includes cookie recipe) 16-inch-by-10-inch cooling grid Royal Icing (recipe below) Icing colors: Rose, Lemon Yellow, Leaf Green, Royal Blue & Orange
12-inch disposable decorating bags Easter 6-Mix Sprinkles: Pink, Yellow & Lavender sugars Cake decorating tip 3 Spring nonpareils Bunnies with jelly beans icing decorations Sparkle gels: Yellow, Light Blue, Light
Green, Pink and White Food-safe scissors Measuring spoons Measuring cups Mixing bowl
Grease-free spoon or spatula Stand mixer: preferred
- Follow directions on pan. Prepare cookie dough. Press dough into pan, bake cookies and allow to cool.
- Prepare royal icing, divide icing & tint portions rose, yellow, green, blue and orange; reserve some white.
- For pastel cookies, use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bag and stiff consistency icing to outline cookies. Use cut decorating bag and thinned icing to fill in areas. Add nonpareils before icing sets. Allow to set 1 hour. Attach bunny icing decorations with dots of icing.
- For stained glass cookies, use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bag and stiff consistency icing to outline cookies
with lines or beads, or use sparkle gel. Sprinkle with sugars and allow to set 15 minutes. Fill in areas with sparkle gel and sprinkle with sugar, allow to set 1 hour. Attach bunny icing decorations with dots of icing.
Yield: About 3 cups
- tablespoons Wilton Meringue Powder
- cups (1 pound) sifted confectioners’ sugar
6 tablespoons water
- Beat all ingredients at low speed for 7-10 minutes using stand mxer, or high speed for 10-12 minutes using portable mixer, until icing forms peaks.
- To thin icing for filling in, add 1 teaspoon water per cup of royal icing. Use grease-free spoon or spatula to stir slowly. Add 1/2 teaspoon water at a time until icing is proper consistency.
- Tip: Use stand mixer to beat Royal Icing. It is quicker, easier and hands- free.(family features)
Bring the cheery shapes and colors of Easter to the table with delicious cookies the whole family will love to decorate. These adorable egg-shaped treats feature springtime pastels and make the perfect dessert for your family celebrations.
“We are pleased to offer our crafting customers more of what they love about our stores,” said Travis Smith, CEO and president of Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. “The passion and expertise of our staff, along with project inspiration, will make this new store a one-stop creative destination for the community.”
Jo-Ann is a proud supporter of local education efforts, including the Inspired to Help program, which will provide a $2,000 grant to a school within the community. This generosity aligns with other efforts, including the Teacher Rewards program, which offers educators a discount on the supplies needed for their classrooms.
To find out more about this location, visit www.joann.com/tifton.