Apricot Lamb Wontons
Crispy wontons stuffed with lamb and apricot the perfect appetizer for your next gathering with friends and family.
- 1 10 oz jar apricot preserves
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked lamb leg or shoulder, finely chopped (about 8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, finely chopped
- 1 16 oz package wonton skins
- vegatable oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cup daikon radish, finely chopped
For Glaze, in 2-quart saucepan, combine preserves, 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
Combine lamb, carrot, radish, cashews, and 1/2 cup of glaze, add 1/2 cup water to remaining glaze and set aside to use as a dipping sauce. Place 1 tsp of lamb mixture in center of each wonton skin. Fold one corner over the filling to meet opposite corner and moisten edges with water to seal. Keep wonton skins and filled wontons covered with damp clean towels while you work so they do not dry out.
In 3 quart heavy saucepan, heat vegetable oil to 360 F. Fry three to four wontons at a time, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown; turn over once while cooking. Remover and drain on paper towels. Serve with dipping sauce.
from American Lamb Board