Festive Salmon Cake
- 2 cans (16 oz.) Red Salmon or Tuna drained and flaked
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) Frozen Chopped Spinach thawed and well drained
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Jarlsberg Cheese divided
- 1 cup Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 2 Lightly Beaten Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Minced Onion
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Frozed Mixed Vegetables cooked and drained, or 2 cups fresh, chopped mixed vegetables, steamed
Heat oven to 350° F. In large bowl, combine canned fish, spinach, 1 1/2 cups cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, and lemon juice; blend well. In skillet, saute onion and parsley in olive oil until onion is translucent. Add to fish mixture. Spread mixture into well-oiled 8-inch springform pan and bake 30 minutes. Top with remaining cheese.
To serve, remove from pan. Place on serving platter or low pedestal and arrange mixed vegetables on top.