Ditch the box and delight your family and friends with this delicious and easy-to-make homemade mac and cheese dish. Go to culinary.net for the full recipe.
- 5 tablespoons Organic Valley Cultured Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1/2 cup homemade bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Organic Valley Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound organic dry pasta in elbow or other small tubular shape
- 4 tablespoons organic flour
- 4 cups Organic Valley Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 cups (24 ounces) grated Organic Valley Sharp and/or Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and combine with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta per package directions, drain, and return to pot.
- In large heavy saucepan, melt remaining butter over low to medium heat. Add flour and whisk until golden. Add milk; continue whisking and cooking until sauce thickens slightly. Add dry mustard and grated cheese, whisking until cheese melts into sauce. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir to combine well. Transfer macaroni to a 4-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until lightly golden and bubbling.