Summer provides an abundance of delicious, fresh-picked flavors, giving home chefs plenty of opportunities to use them in both classic recipes and newfound favorites. From sides to salads to smoothies and everything in between, summer is all about creating dishes that taste tempting, bright and balanced.
Using seasonal ingredients, such as peaches and other sun-ripened fruits, can help play up the bounty of summer. However, with a wide variety of available choices, it can be a dizzying task to select recipes you’ll want to make again and again.
This summer, Nature’s Intent Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and celebrity chef Candice Kumai—also known as the “Golden Girl of Wellness”— recommend these make-at-home recipes to help brighten and awaken the best flavors at your table. “Apple cider vinegar is my favorite natural way to cook, look and feel my very best for all of summer,” Kumai said. “These recipes feature its powerful benefits and bright taste, which awaken summertime cooking.” Kumai recommends her Carrot Beauty Noodles as a show-stopping side dish to accompany main courses throughout the summer, while a light and savory Miso Kale Caesar Salad can curb and satisfy appetites before dinner. Meanwhile, the fresh-and-fruity versatility of this Peach Smoothie means you can enjoy it at breakfast, as a nutritious midday snack or even for dessert.
Miso Kale Caesar Salad
- .25 cup Tahini Paste ground sesame seed paste
- .25 cup Organic Red or White Miso Paste
- .25 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Honey or Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp. Nature's Intent Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 large bunch Curly Kale stems rmoved, finely chopped
- .5 cup Raw White Corn (about 1 ear, shaved off cob
- 2 cups Daikon Radish (about 1/2 radish) peeled, halved, thinly slived into half-moons
- 2 Ripe Avacados halved, pitted, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp. Hemp Seeds baked
- 8 oz. Wild Salmon grilleed
- 8 oz. Organic Tofu grilled and cubed
To make dressing: In medium mixing bowl, whisk Tahini paste, organic miso paste, rice vinegar, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Add kale, corn, and Daikon radish. Toss well to coat with dressing. Serve topped with cubed avacado, hemp seeds, and salmon or tofu, if desired.