(Family Features) You’ve probably heard the saying, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” Or perhaps you’ve said it yourself. The reality is – while a lot of people say that eating breakfast is important, not very many are actually doing it.
In fact, 93 percent of Americans agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but less than half (44 percent) are eating it every day, according to the 2009 International Food Information Council Foundation’s Food & Health Survey.
If the morning rush in your house means grabbing a toaster pastry, a fast food meal, or – even worse – skipping breakfast, take heart. It’s easier than you think to refuel the body, energize the mind and have some family time around the breakfast table.
For more recipes, go to bobevans.com. To see the full recipe for Easy Breakfast Casserole, go to culinary.net.
Easy Breakfast Casserole
- 1 8-ounce can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 pound Bob Evans Original Recipe Sausage Roll
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain.
- Line bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish with crescent roll dough, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl until blended; pour over sausage.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into squares; serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers.