Mealtime is a celebration, and Italian food is often viewed as an art form that includes the freshest, most authentic ingredients, prepared with passion and served with love to family and friends. Put a refreshing, modern twist on tradition with this Caprese Zucchini Noodle Bowl and help keep the love affair alive and well with this simple, colorful, flavorful, healthy cuisine. For more recipe creations, visit FilippoBerio.com/recipes.
Distribution authorized by Filippo Berio.
Caprese Zucchini Noodle Bowl
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized (instructions at right)
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh basil
- 1 ball (8 ounces) burrata cheese, torn
- Toss together zucchini, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; let stand 10 minutes, or until zucchini starts to soften.
- Gently stir in tomatoes and basil. Divide salad among four bowls. Top with cheese.
How to Spiralize Zucchini
- Use zucchini at least 2 inches in diameter for best results. Trim ends of zucchini.
- Place spiralizer on smooth surface, such as a countertop, pushing down to adhere suction cups onto surface and secure machine for spiralizing.
- Place desired blade into spiralizer. Turn zucchini into long strands, trimming with clean kitchen shears as needed.