Sheet pan suppers make it easy to create dishes with exceptional flavor depth that come together quickly and clean up just as fast, and keeping a variety of vegetables on hand helps make it simple to pull together a family meal. This Easy Drumstick-Quinoa Sheet Pan Supper from the National Onion Association and Idaho-Eastern Oregon Onion Committee is a perfect solution for busy weeknights. Find more versatile recipes that can make serving up a family meal simple at onions-usa.org and usaonions.com.
Easy Drumstick-Quinoa Sheet Pan Supper
Recipe courtesy of the National Onion Association and Idaho-Eastern Oregon Onion Committee
- 8-10 chicken legs
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, cubed
- 1 orange (1/4 cup juice and zest)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- orange rind curls
- brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Line 13-by-18-inch sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place chicken legs on pan. Spread fennel, yellow onion, red onion, garlic and potatoes around and in between legs.
- In small bowl, whisk together orange juice and zest, thyme and olive oil. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Cook rice and quinoa.
- Garnish chicken with parsley and orange curls. Serve over brown rice and quinoa.