Open daily for tours October 18-November 3 is the nearly 6,000 square foot Whole Home Concept House, powered by LG and built by Castle Homes in the historic Belle Meade neighborhood in Nashville. The pages of House Beautiful will come alive with the magazine’s second annual Whole Home Concept House, constructed in the English Arts and Crafts style. Inspired by early 20th century architect C. F. A. Voysey, who embraced the simplicity of the Arts and Crafts movement, the home has been designed by Castle Homes with architect Kevin Coffey.
Designers from across the United States are participating in the home tour which will benefit the Nashville Symphony. This show house will be devoted to designs and ideas to create a home that promotes wellness and better living in partnership with Wellness Within Your Walls, an organization that promotes health and sustainability in home design.
“At House Beautiful we believe your home should be a refuge that helps you recharge and unplug from your busy external lives—and that if you design it well, you will live well. This year, we are working with designers to get their “design prescription” for making homes happier, healthier, and smarter…and as always, beautiful,” says Carisha Swanson, director, House Beautiful Whole Home Concept House, and senior editor/market director. “This house illustrates these concepts through layout, product, and inspiration, each providing actionable ideas that readers and visitors can implement in their own homes.”
According to Joanna Saltz, editorial director of House Beautiful, “we know that thoughtful decisions about your home can lead to a happier, healthier life. It’s so important for us to tell the story of this incredible project across every platform—the amazing transformations, the detailed installations, the anecdotes from design experts. Those are the details that make the Whole Home Concept House a resource for wellness-inspired design solutions.”
Alan Looney, president of Castle Homes, says, “It is a strong economic indicator and reflection of the Nashville housing market that House Beautiful magazine partnered on a home of this caliber. With our years of experience in producing nationally recognized home projects, we are excited to expand into this Whole Home Concept House.
“In addition to being pioneers of the guaranteed custom home build price, we also embrace progressive and new ways in which to build from low-maintenance to quality of living which Wellness Within Your Walls affords,” says Looney.
Interior designers sharing their design expertise and inspiration include: Amy Berry, Barclay Butera, Joy Huber and Rachel Haag of Castle Homes, Chenault James, Dani Arps, Tavia Forbes and Monet Masters of Forbes+Masters, Kristine Paige Kamenstein of Jackson Paige Interiors, Matthew Quinn and Richard Anuszkiewicz of Design Galleria Kitchen & Bath Studio, Lauren Moore, Evan Millard, and Betsy Trabue of Modern Remains, and Vern Yip.
The Whole Home Concept House will debut in Nashville in tandem with the brand’s November 2019 issue, which hits newsstands on October 17.
“I look forward to seeing this exceptional group of designers bring these ideas to life and transform these spaces into more than just beautiful rooms,” says Carisha Swanson.
Each of the designers were chosen because they believe in the power of home and its ability to set the tone for their residents’ daily lives. Their contributions include the following:
• Amy Berry will lend her sophisticated eye toward creating playful spaces that promote activity and creativity in the two children’s rooms.
• Barclay Butera will create an outdoor oasis to help homeowners reconnect with nature and promote enjoyment of the great outdoors.
• Castle Homes’ interior design team will handle the architectural design details as well as the five bathrooms and laundry space.
• Chenault James, with a nod to her bourbon-based Pappy Van Winkle roots, will design a dining room fit for year-round entertaining.
• Dani Arps, the master of designing commercial spaces for startups, will create an office that brings the sensibilities of today’s modern workspaces into the home.
• Design Galleria Kitchen and Bath Studio will provide a master bath that doubles as a spa retreat and design a kitchen that can handle meal prep and family dinners as well as late night entertaining.
• Forbes+Masters is crafting a listening lounge as an ode to Music City. This music room will rival any moody night club and is the perfect place for putting on old LPs or playing a vintage guitar.
• Kristine Paige Kamenstein will construct a master bedroom that promotes rest and recovery, as well as intimacy and reconnection.
• Modern Remains will deliver a top floor media room that acts as a central zone for game and movie nights. Trabue will also create a breakfast area off the main kitchen.
• Vern Yip takes notes from his book debuting later this summer, “Vacation at Home,” by turning the entry and living area into a space that invites conversation and connection in a thoughtfully designed setting.
House Beautiful will take its audience inside the home with an exclusive web series launching on HouseBeautiful.com when the November issue hits newsstands. Each episode will focus on a single designer and showcase the before, during, and after of their design process, including decision-making, design plans, and shopping for the home. The web series will also offer viewers a chance to hear first-hand how designers solve problems, including repurposing rooms that are rarely used, and how to create a private home office to maximize work productivity.
You can also follow the build via Castle Homes social media @CastleHomes.com.
House Beautiful’s 2019 Whole Home Concept House, powered by LG, welcomes returning partners Signature Kitchen Suite, Architectural Grille, Benjamin Moore, Circa Lighting, Rocky Mountain Hardware, and Stressless, as well as new partners Caesarstone, Castelle, Grothouse, Kohler, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, Tempur-Sealy, and The Tile Shop.
Tickets are $20 per person and are available now at CastleHomes.com. Free shuttle service is provided. The House Beautiful Whole Home Concept House is open for tour daily, Monday through Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. and on Sundays, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.