A wonderful new holiday recipe with a blend of coconut and molasses. Great for a holiday cookie exchange.
1 cup salted butter, room temperature
¾ cup coconut sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup molasses
2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¾ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. cardamom
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- Using the whisk attachment in a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until well incorporated.
- Next add in the molasses and egg and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all remaining dry ingredients together.
- Swap the whisk for the paddle attachment and add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until it forms a dough that pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Transfer dough onto small piece of parchment paper, cover and allow to chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the cookie dough into golf ball sized balls and place in oven for 8-10 minutes (or you can roll in turbinado sugar if desired, first). You’ll notice the cookies will start to crackle on top when they’re ready to be pulled out. (Note: they will still be soft)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20-25 minutes
Recipe by Jessica Driver