Quick Cup Cakes
These easy to make cup cakes are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 5 tablespoons softened butter you can also use shortening
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened for buttercream
- 1 package powdered sugar for buttercream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice for buttercream--you can also add some lemon zest for extra flavor
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In large mixing bowl. Sift flour one, measure twice, add all dry ingredients, sift 3 times. Cream lemon rind and butter (or shortening).
Add flour mixture, egg and milk. Stir until all flour is dampened, then beat 1 minute.
Turn into greased cupcake pans (or into cupcake cups in cupcake pans), fill 1/2 full.
Bake at 375 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool
In large mixing bowl add softened butter, lemon juice and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Frost on cooled cupcakes.